As you all know, there is nothing better than enjoying a freshly at the table prepared Beef Steak Tatar at the BURG, sitting in the sun while having a nice glass of Austrian wine.
We are looking very forward when we can personally serve our signature dish to you again.
To shorten your waiting time till your next visit at our sun terrace, we reveal our original Beef Tatar recipe to invite you to try it yourself at home.
Ingredients for 1 portion (or as an appetizer for 2 persons)
- 150 grams minced Beef Filet
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- paprika season
- cayenne pepper
- finely chopped red habanero chili (take care, very spicy!)
- 1 raw egg yolk
- 25 grams finely chopped onions
- 8 grams finely chopped capers
- 4 grams finely chopped anchovies
- 12 grams finely chopped pickled cucumbers
- 1 cl brandy
- 3 grams chopped parsley
- 10 g mustard
- 10 grams ketchup
- red onions, chopped in very thin rings
- put the olive oil together with the salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, habanero chili and mix it in a big and cool bowl
- then put the egg yolk, onions, capers, anchovies, pickled cucumbers to the olive oil-spices mixture and mix it again with two forks
- put the minced meat into the bowl with the mixed ingredients again
- add some brandy to the mixed mass if wanted (you can also leave it off if children are eating it)
- with two big spoons form dumplings and put the red onion rings and some parsley on top
- serve with some toasted white or black bread with butter
Our wine recommendation
An Austrian Cuvee, around 5 to 10 years old, with a deep ruby red colour, full bodied with an elegant finish. OR a full bodied Grüner Veltliner Smaragd from Wachau, which shows minerality and smooth character.