From 1 to 18 April 2019, the legendary Tanzcafé Arlberg Music Festival is taking place in and around Lech am Arlberg, with dancing, singing and lots of fun – and it’s also at the BURG in Oberlech.
The winter countdown on the Arlberg has begun. Spring is knocking at the door, and dance fever has broken out in Lech Zürs: the Tanzcafé Arlberg Music Festival 2019 has begun! There will be days of partying with jazz, swing, boogie-woogie and rock’n roll. Our highlight? On Friday, 12 April, the Gerd Schuller Trio featuring Rachelle Jeanty will be appearing at the Burg Hotel Oberlech and providing the appropriate atmosphere.
30 concerts over 18 days at the Music Festival in Lech Zürs
The Tanzcafé Arlberg 2019 will be opened by the artist JOSH, who will be appearing on 1 April from 2pm in the Sonnenburg in Oberlech. From 9:30pm, the festivities then continue with Kana at Die Krone in Lech.
The BURG Highlight with the Gerd Schuller Trio featuring Rachelle Jeanty on Friday, 12 April starts at 2 pm – perfect for après ski in the Ski Arlberg skiing region. Our hotel will be pleased to welcome you before the event to sample our award-winning cuisine, perhaps for lunch on our sun terrace. Make yourself comfortable and prepare yourself for the best dancing fun in the afternoon!
The last concert in the Arlberg music spectacle will take place on 18 April at an elevation of 1800 m in the Schlegelkopf Restaurant-Bar in Oberlech, starting at 2pm with the MoveBreakers on guitar, accordion, trombone, turntables and more.
Programme at the Tanzcafé Arlberg Music Festival 2019
Look forward to variety and endless good humour in Lech Zürs am Arlberg. The Music Festival am Arlberg 2019 brings a long list of top artists – admission free!
Monday, 1 April
- 2 pm | Josh. | Hotel Sonnenburg
- 9:30 pm | Kana Shimanuki | Die Krone von Lech
Tuesday, 2 April
- 9 pm | Avalon Jazz Band | Der Berghof
Wednesday, 3 April
- 6 pm | Avalon Jazz Band | Hotel Kristiania
Thursday, 4 April
- 2 pm + 9 pm |Richie Loidl & Friends | Hotel Edelweiss
- 9:30 pm | Zweikanalton | Hotel Rote Wand
Friday, 5 April
- 2 pm | U.B.Dolls | Rud-Alpe Lech
- 11 pm | DelaDap | Preview
Saturday, 6 April
- 2 pm | U.B.Dolls | Postgarage
- 9 pm | Pasadena Roof Orchestra | Hotel Post
Sunday, 7 April
- 4 pm | DelaDap | Hotel Tannbergerhof
Monday, 8 April
- 2 pm | DelaDap | Hotel Sonnenburg
- 9 pm | Loren Nine | Hotel Sandhof
Tuesday, 9 April
- 2 pm | The Speakeasies' Swing Band! | Hotel Goldener Berg
- 9:30 pm | Loren Nine | Hotel Rote Wand
Wednesday, 10 April
- 9:30 pm | The Speakeasies' Swing Band! | Die Krone von Lech
Friday, 12 April
- 2 pm | Gerd Schuller Trio featuring Rachelle Jeanty | Burg Hotel
- 10 pm | My Secret Playground | Cottage Pub
Saturday, 13 April
- 2 pm | My Secret Playground | Balmalp
- 9:30 pm | Full Supa Band | Sport Park Lech
- 11:30 pm | Ola Egbowon & The Soulmonks | Scotch Club
Sunday, 14 April
- 2 pm | Rumba de Bodas | Brändle terrace
- 4:30 pm | Milow | Die Krone von Lech
Monday, 15 April
- 10:30 pm | Rumba de Bodas | Scotch Club
Wednesday, 17 April
- 3 pm | Russkaja | Der Wolf
- 10:00 pm | MoveBreakers | Cottage Pub
Thursday, 18 April
- 2 pm | MoveBreakers | Schlegelkopf Restaurant-Bar
Dance classes at the Tanzcafé Arlberg 2019
As well as music lovers and sunshine skiers looking for some very special après ski after the slopes, dance lovers are also warmly invited to the Tanzcafé Arlberg. In 2018, various Swing & Snow Dance Workshops were added to the Music Festival. This year the dance classes will take place from 5 to 7 April, and beginners and advanced dancers are welcome to attend. The dates are as follows:
- Friday, 5 April 2019 | Lindy hop for beginners (Beginner Level) | Check-in from 4:30 pm, class from 5 to 7:15 pm
- Saturday, 6 April 2019 | Technique, Timing, Teamwork (Advanced Level) | Check-in from 9:30 am, class from 10 am to 12:15 pm
- Saturday, 6 April 2019 | Moving beyond your basic steps (Improver Level) | Check-in from 1 pm, class from 1:30 to 3:45 pm
- Sunday, 7 April 2019 | The Charleston side of the Lindy hop (Improvers / Intermediate) | Check-in from 9:30 am, class from 10 am to 12:15 pm
- Sunday, 7 April 2019 | You got rhythm? (Intermediate / Advanced) | Check-in from 1 pm, class from 1:30 to 3:45 pm
You will find the prices and all further information plus registration options for the dance workshops at the Tanzcafé Arlberg here.
Accommodation in Lech for the Tanzcafé Arlberg
The Tanzcafé Arlberg Music Festival is a very special occasion for locals, but visitors are, of course, also extremely welcome to join in!
If you are looking for accommodation at the heart of the action, don't waste any more time. Better choose your preferred BURG Room now, and send us your enquiry. We will send you a non-binding offer and look forward to dancing and partying with you!